Help us avoid unnecessary injuries. No glass bottles or charcoal fires permitted. Deposit all trash in the dumpsters near the exits.
Thank you for your cooperation and for keeping our student-athletes safe.
Yale Tailgating Rules
We are committed to creating a safe and enjoyable environment for all fans, both in our venues and in the parking lots. Yale University permits tailgating on football game days in designated areas, during specified hours, and under the conditions outlined in these Tailgating rules.
Yale Event Staff, Parking Staff, Security Staff and Law Enforcement will enforce all policies. All guests’ belongings including vehicles are subject to search by staff. Persons visibly under the influence or impaired will not be admitted into the tailgate areas or the Yale Bowl. Yale University reserves the right to alter and interpret regulations described below.
- vs. Maine, Dartmouth, Mercer, Brown
Hours of Operation
Parking lots open three (3) hours prior to kickoff
- vs. Princeton
Parking lots open four and one-half (4 1/2) hours prior to kickoff
Vehicles must depart the lots no later than one (1) hour after the conclusion of the game. We recommend that visiting team fans park in Lot A as it is closest to the visiting team section and visiting team pass list and will call location (Gate A).
- Every vehicle entering a Yale parking area must be in possession of a parking pass. For 2018 home games, a pass can be purchased in advance or on game-day at time of entry. Game-day purchases will occur in Lot A, B and D and Handicap lots.
Parking Permits and Space
- Food Trucks/Carts, Catering, and Vendor Vehicles ARE NOT permitted.
- One parking permit entitles you to ONE parking spot.
- Parking spaces are limited and tailgating must be confined to a small area behind each vehicle.
- Traffic aisles and parking spaces cannot be blocked at any time. Spectators wishing to park together MUST enter lots at the same time.
- Charter buses and RVs must park in Lot A only.
- Box Trucks are NOT PERMITTED.
- Upon departing, you are expected to clean up your parking spot. Bring trash bags with you to dispose of trash. Neatly tied trash bags can be left or taken to dumpsters located throughout the parking lot areas. Please refrain from leaving loose trash and litter in the parking areas.
Activities and Equipment
The following items and activities are allowed in parking lots:- Gas Grills with a maximum propane cylinder size of 20 lbs.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons of legal drinking age, and in conformance with Connecticut State Laws, City of New Haven Ordinances, and University Policies
- Single table, pop-up tents and/or tailgate chairs that do not block parking spots and/or drive aisles
The following items and activities are NOT allowed in parking lots:- Kegs, drinking game accessories, excessive quantities or common source containers of alcoholic beverages
- Food Trucks/Carts, Catering, Vendors, Box Trucks
- Underage Drinking
- Glass containers with the exception of wine bottles.
- Open fires fueled by charcoal, wood, or other combustible materials of any kind
- Amplified music
- Couches or other large furniture items
- No electric or gas generators
If your conduct endangers or disrupts the players, coaches, officials, or other patrons, the University reserves the right to remove you from the premises without a refund and with a potential loss of ticket privileges for future games. Yale University students who are in violation of policy may be referred to their Residential College Master for follow-up and possible disciplinary action.